To avoid installing the Sims3Pack world files through the Launcher, change them to .World files and install them directly into the game.
First, you will need Sims3Pack Multi-Extracter. A World file to convert, and a working folder on your desktop.
- Copy the world Sims3Pack file to the folder on your desktop.
- Open the Multi-Extracter program and in "Step 1" browse to the folder where your world file is on your desktop.
- Next, in "Step 2" of the program, browse to where you want the file to be extracted to.
- Click "Extract"
- Close the Multi-Extracter program and go to the folder your file has been extracted to. You should now see a package file with the same name as the original Sims3Pack file.
- Change the .Package extension to .world.
- Click Ok to the warning about changing format.
You should now have a white file with the name of the world and a .world extension (Sim Lua Isles.world)
For Steam games: Place this new world file in the game: Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > The Sims 3 > GameData > Shared > NonPackaged > Worlds.
For EA games: Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 EP folder > GameData > Shared > NonPackaged > Worlds
To remove the world from the game just go to the folder in game and delete it.